We hope you had a fantastic start into 2012!
Today we are proud to present our new client version 5.6.
It comes with a lot improvements and a gift for all free users:
We doubled the data limit from 1 to 2 GB in the free edition of PowerFolder.
The changes of version 5.6 in detail:
- Free edition can now sync up to 2 GB of data.
- New skins: PowerFolder 2012 “Blue Globe” and “Storm”:
- System tray icon: Shows a “OK” icons instead of “P” icon when the sync is ok.
- PowerFolders base path will fall back to default if not available, e.g. network drive.
- File browser shows better feedback messages if no files matches the search input.
- Chat popups now show the message and have a reply button.
- Improved and corrected LAN/VPN/Internet connection in complex network scenarios.
- Program update dialog now clearly indicates that the update is for PowerFolder.
- Activation by file not longer supported. Please always use online activation.
- Directory chooser now shows drive names.
- Debug log panel: CPU activity dump button added.
- Folderlist: Not longer shows icons on mouse hover.
- Security: Fixed bug, which causes the client to sync if not yet logged in.
- Corrected handling of non-default paths of recommended folders.
- Information section now correctly opens in multi screen environment.
- It’s now possible to change the physical directory if it’s not accessible.
- Mac: Minimize to system tray also hides the icon in the program bar.
- Up- and downloads now break when files get excluded from sync.
- Corrected several wizard texts.
- Fixed UDT connection bug.
- Regular edition
- Highly optimized edition – Reduced memory and CPU usage. Beta. Win only.